1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bizarre behavior from the C2 printer and the solution

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tkoco, Jul 2, 2018.

1. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I was attempting to print a fairly large model when the C2 starting acting weird. As it circle printed the perimeter of the model, it would halt and jerk causing the model to develop the crazy hair of a failed print :(. Furthermore, when checked, the Z Offset just did not want to level in properly.

Solution:

Logged into OctoPrint via the web page access, went to the "Printer Terminal" box and issued the following G-Code ( a big Thank You to @Geof for this info):

M502 (waiting a few seconds until the box cleared) and then M500 (again waiting until the box cleared)

Then at the C2 touch screen, I went to the motor control and tapped the "Home" button to force a reset of the 3 axises to their respective home positions.

Then I re-ran the Z Offset wizard and the Fine Offset wizard using the circle mode of printing. (to check the flatness of printing)

The weird behavior is now fixed!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Clearing the flash eprom is really one of those hidden nuggets that get so easily overlooked.
    Largely on most printers I don't even use it (I'd rather have the settings in GCode) but I do on the C2 and on the delta we have.

Geof likes this.