1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Black Screen: Robo R2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by J.P., Nov 23, 2017.

1. J.P.

J.P. New Member

I have a black screen on my Robo R2 and i followed the directions in the FAQ but those directions are for a solid green light on your Raspberry Pi, mine has a red light at first, blinks green once, then both lights go out, the screen stays black and i cannot even connect to the octoprint server.

The SD card has data on it and i did the file swap as per the other instructions but it still wont start up. Any suggestions?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You may have a corrupted image on your µSD card. Did you make a backup image of it? If so you may need to rewrite that image back onto the µSD. If not Robo Tech Support can arrange for you to download a copy with the correct hostname embedded.

3. J.P.

J.P. New Member

No, I didn't think to backup the image it came with. I will contact support then and see what they have to say.

4. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

5. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Thank you for the links!

6. J.P.

J.P. New Member

So I found another person who uploaded a share folder containing a 1.6gig image file. I used Etcher to reimage my SDcard, plugged it back in and VIOLA! Its up and running again! I had to reapply my updates and any files I had on the sd card are gone, no biggy there though. I'd post a link to the image download but I'm too new to the page.

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Please note that your Raspberry Pi hostname will no longer match the sticker on the back of the printer. To change hostnames look for forums dealing specifically with the Raspberry Pi and Raspbian OS.

8. J.P.

J.P. New Member

After muttering to myself "wtf..." for about 20 min, I discovered that. Thanks though, I will look up how to change it back, if that is even really needed. The mac addresses stayed the same so I was still on our DHCP allow list, I assigned it a new reservation for the new IP it grabbed and I think its all sorted out now.