1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Books?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dbvanhorn, Feb 18, 2015.

1. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

I know things are changing fast, but is there a printed or pdf/kindle book that defines all the terminology and deals specifically with extrusion printing in machines like the Robo3D?

I've seen a few that cover the whole industry, or otherwise are way too generic.

I really don't want to watch endless videos hoping to catch the one detail I need.

Thanks

2. Frankn

Frankn Member

I think I am in the same boat. I am trying to absorb the terminology used in the 3D printer usage. I am experienced in the repair of electronic and mechanical equipment, but the language varies somewhat in 3d printers. I just picked up a book, Maintaining and Troubleshooting Your 3D Printer by: Charles Bell. Although I have only lightly skimmed it so far, it looks very informative. As far as the Robo, I will probably wind up getting one. As far as the technology, they are almost all the same in there operation. Build quality is a different thing. I would say that there are 3 basic forms of drives for placing the extruder in the proper position.
    I am in my adsorbing information stage which I always go thru before jumping into a new venture..
    I think 3D printer venture money has run out unless you can prove a great advancement like mixing fiber colors to come up with just about any color. I am going to work on coming up with a 'FLASH' cult like toy like the hoola hoop inventor came up with. Something to make with lots of appeal to the younger set. Yes, I do run on at times. lol Frank
    hoola-hoop.jpg