1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Brand new losing connection

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Justin Mills, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member

Brand new just opened today robo r1 plus prints for about 5-6 minutes then goes in to no connection and says unable to communicate with printer or equip not working .. has brand new cord have tried installing in installing ... is there a minimum requirement on computer ... at a loss

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, there is not really a minimum, but make sure your computer is able to stay active while printing and is not busy doing other things.
    If it goes to sleep or get bogged down doing something else it can time out.

The USB cable is the most usual suspect in this so do try another one...

3. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member

I have set computer to stay on with no luck on that either ... I have tried 2 different cords the brand new one from the box and my printer cord

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you can return it, do so. It is starting to sound like an electronics problem and I can help you sort that out, but if it is a new printer and returnable -- you should and replace it with a working unit.

If you want to pursue finding the problem I am more than happy to help you chase it down.

5. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member

Hey mark thank you again for your help the machine is new but I bought it over a year ago and it’s sat unopened I. The closet... yesterday I spent about 8 hrs installing in installing printing scraping never finished anything .. at 11 pm I took the bottom off found a loose connection on the mother board tightened it up it printed for 15 min on calibration circle then stopped ... so I took boards out and separated the 2 and hit the resets on both then plugged back together currently it’s 955 here and it’s 21 minutes Into calibration circle ... update finally finished a print complete.... maybe it’s working maybe not we will see here on my next print ... but I was reading one of your other posts on changing the boards I definitely want to plan on doing that since the only support I’ve had was from you !!!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Wow -- OK, I did not realize it had been hiding in the closet :)
    No worries, if you have problems we can help you sort them I just did not want to suggest taking a printer apart if returning/replacing it was an option.

7. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member

Well same thing it’s printing for a longer period last print but stopped again I’m at a loss

Attached Files:

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Hmm, OK do this... save that entire GCode terminal to a text file and look through it for the word "error"
    You might be able to scroll it back and look, but it is probably easier to save it off to a file first.

There may be an error happening that is forcing Marlin to disconnect.

9. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member

Will do I started print again it’s a n95 mask we’ve been printing for 1 hr now!! Yay lol when it stops I’ll save forgive me I’m not a tech person lol union electrician by trade

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Only save the log if it errors out otherwise there will not be anything to find.
    Just want to see if when it does stop that we can find an error in the console.
    There are a few that can end up in the console, but not directly shown from the host program.

Justin Mills likes this.
  11. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member

Morning! Well after letting the boards hang out of bottom I have successfully printed 12 hrs worth of stuff without an issue ... robo support finally got back to me with a “ keep trying to find the lose wire “ thank you Mark for all your help I’m definitely going to be purchasing the generic boards I see in another thread you posted in ... troubleshooting this thing really help to understand how it works lol ... hopefully I can keep her running long enough to print enough n95 masks for my family here in upstate ny !!

12. Justin Mills

Justin Mills New Member