1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bubbling Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kyler Williams, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Kyler Williams

The bed size I'm using is from the how to setup cura. And I've checked the switch and everything looks fine. But correct me if I'm wrong but with the robo when you send the g29 it's loading the values from the firmware and not cura since the g28 is programmed in the firmware? It does it in both matter control and cura.

Sent from my Zenfone 2 using Tapatalk

2. William Muraski

yes, both are loaded from firmware, but that's not what i was asking. do a manual check by homing it then manual increase the y axis keeping track of the number count. i.e. default is 254mm but my printer can only reach 248mm before it hits the back end, and the back probe in y axis is set to 240mm which leaves me only 8mm to spare.

your bed may be shorter or longer, a manual check will tell you your max y axis.

3. Kyler Williams

Ok tired adjusting the settings in cura and that didn't change anything still getting the popping problem. But as far as the sticking I'm still having issues the glue stick stopped working so I think it was a fluke that it did work. So I picked up some aquanet extra super hold and that's worse then the suave I had... I'm trying tape as I type this to see how it turns out. I may just switch to ABS and print it since everyone says PLA is harder to get it to stick...(plus I'm almost out of PLA)

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Uhhh, no.

In fact if pressed I'd say PLA is probably easier to get sticking than ABS, but really they are very similar in this one regard.
    Real differences other than material properties is that ABS has a tendency to lift or curl if the bed temp is mis-set (then there is the warp issues).

5. Kyler Williams

Got my bubbling issue fixed it was my prints not sticking. Called Robo they are sending me new Y "pillows" since its still in warranty and they are sending me more tape and cork for my bed also sending me a replacement limit switch for my Y popping issues.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,