1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Busted a part. :(

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dbvanhorn, Feb 20, 2016.

1. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

I was printing, and I heard an odd noise, and noticed that the print had shifted a bit. I aborted the job, and moved the glass by software control, and it came completely loose.

The forward gizmo that holds the belt is broken. I need to replace both, I'm sure.

Where do I get them?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Under warranty contact Robo directly, info is on the main page. Otherwise glue the broken one and hope it holds long enough to print yourself a new one. Several Y axis tensioners for the Robo are on Thingiverse, they all work.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

4. afat08

afat08 Member

This seems like something I should print just to have on hand, even if under warranty, it would get me through until Robo can replace it...?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Considering my printed ones have never failed and robo's injection molded ones fail all the time. Just print a couple and if they break don't bother with replacements.

The whole "Injection molding is stronger and more reliable" should have a big asterisk next to it saying "This is not always true"

mark tomlinson likes this.