1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered C2 base plate crash

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by andy kapoor, Apr 16, 2019.

1. andy kapoor

andy kapoor New Member

I got a new Robo c2, but when I tried my first print, the base plate rose too high and hit the heating tip. It even went past and started screeching. I dusted off the IR sensor and made sure all wires were properly connected, all with no luck. Any suggestions?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

moved to C2 forums section --- this is not an R1 question

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Other that what you have done? No.
    It could be a faulty sensor (make sure you checked the wires back to the main board and none are knocked off)

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I had the same problem with my C2 printer. The issue is that the aluminum support bracket slopes down toward the front of the printer.
    Your options:
    1) Contact Robo3D support about the problem. In my case, the sloping was really terrible so I had them send me a new aluminum support bracket and I repaired the printer myself.
    2) If the slope is not too bad, you could try shimming the print bed by adding shims to the front two posts and running the Z-Offset wizard. Check the C2 forums for additional information on leveling the print bed and please read all of them before undertaking this task.