1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

C2 vs R1+

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by WADZOQUADZ, Oct 3, 2017.

1. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

I have been think of buying a C2 .I already have 2 modded R1+ and love them and honestly from the looks of the C2 and price i wish i could buy another R1 right now. What are your guys opinions on this? Obviously the C2 build size is smaller with no heated bed. I dont care about cosmetics . For those who own both is there any reason i should go with the C2? Also no i cant afford a R2.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The difference between the R1 series and the C2/R2 quality wise is noticeable.
    I have two R1+ machines with one dedicated to detail work and the other larger items (with a volcano adapter) now the C2 does 90% of the detail work.

I can get the R1+ to print the same quality, but it takes some adjustments and fiddling. The big build volume of the R1+ is the upside for that machine. Add a volcano and it can really do a great job on larger scale models.

Geof likes this.
  3. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

Thats what i was thinking. My R1+'s modded work great.No probs with print quality . Im just not seeing much difference in finished product to justify wanting to buy a more expensive printer with smaller non heated build platform. I rarely print anything below .15 and usually .2 most of the time. How much faster can the C2 print at those settings? I have a volcano on my other R1 too