1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Calibrated Bed and Z Offset, weird clicking no prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Terminal, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Terminal

Terminal New Member

When I do a calibration, I get perfect lines and circles, the I try to print a model (previously printed before) and I get horrible results and a weird click.

like as if the print bed is to high, but when I do the calibration. My lines print perfectly.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Terminal

Terminal New Member

I've run through the leveling guide at the top of this section and it resulted in the same results. I've now fully changed out my filament and to my surprise, it appears to be working when using a new roll. Perhaps that filament is bad.

How can I tell?

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

One of the items which experienced guys will tell you is that cheap filaments can be bad for printing. Problems like filament which is not round ( elliptical instead ), filament which has absorbed too much water ( all plastics absorb water over time - the rate of absorption can vary depending on the chemistry ) and/or filament which is out of spec ( smaller or larger than the specified diameter - like 1.9 mm instead of the 1.75 mm )
    When buying filament, try to stick with name brands like Hatchbox, Sainsmart, Proto-pasta, Gizmo Dorks, Colorfabb, etc. to name a few. Try to avoid no-name brands as you can chase a problem thinking that it is in your printer when the filament is the problem.

Looks like I should write a filament FAQ.

5. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Based on the video, the hot-end is clogged.

6. Terminal

Terminal New Member

So, I've switched between 3 different filaments, and it appears it is that filament specifically, all my other filaments print perfectly. I also cleaned the hotend to ensure that wasn't a contributing factor.

Thanks for the support

mark tomlinson likes this.