1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Can't reset target temp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jutte, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Jutte

Jutte Member

After printing with ABS I am now unable to reset the target temp. I have tried doing so manually but it doesn't take. When printing with PLA the head heats up to 230 then cools down to 190. The print files are set for PLA at 190. I am getting a lot of blobbing and stringing and burnt sections of filament. How do I get the target temp to reset?

Attached Files:

2. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

It's been my experience that the Octoprint "start of print" gcode script always preheats the nozzle to 230 before printing that horizontal wipe line. That's hard coded into the gcode and completely independent of what kind of filament you're using.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Well you can remove those lines to preheat from the Scripts in OctoPrint using the web interface. I don't believe any of the Admins use the scripts in OctoPrint the way that Robo set them up by default, the preheating wastes both time and filament on startup.

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope those start up scripts were hot garbage :D I prefer the slicer to set the temp and octoprint to have zero control honestly. I just want it there to monitor ;)

5. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

I've known forever that I could remove those scripts, but I have some mental block against doing that, so I'm just in the habit of preheating for PETG even though I know I'm going to print PLA.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member