1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

cant save settings in slicer .

Discussion in 'Software' started by sagi, Dec 29, 2013.

1. sagi

sagi New Member

hi ,
    i am new to 3d printing and just got my ROBO 3D today ;)
    i started to config my printer using the youtube manual :

when i get in to the part of setting the slicer softwear i had a few problem :
    1) the setting screen i have is not same as in the video, i dont have the left tabs or the save disk icon .
    my setting screen -
    [​IMG]
    video setting screen -
    [​IMG]
    i tried changing the softwear to expert but nothing changed .

2) after i tried to uninstall and reinstall old and new version of repetier again and again some how i was able to get the video setting screen(i also played with some settings so i dont know how i did it :( ).
    i started setting all option as in the video .
    when i completed all changed i press the save button:
    [​IMG]
    i entered a name and prassed OK and then all my setting was set back to original and nothing was saved .
    i tried running the softwear as administer but nothing changed .

any ideas regarding the 2 Q ? (i want to install the softwear on more laptops and need to know how to change to video setting screen )

thx in advance for all the helpers :)!!!!!!!!

2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

Part of your confusion is that the Youtube videos show the Mac version of the slic3r interface and you're on a Windows machine. The versions are very similar but aren't exact. Unfortunately I'm on a Mac so I can't really help but someone else here should be able to. :)

3. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

The version in the video is an older version than what you are showing in your screen shot. See at the bottom of the screen where it shows the software version? So that explains the difference. I'm sure if you do a file -->save as on the new version, you'll be in good shape.
    Also, you need to individually save each of those settings tabs as a profile. i.e. you have a printer profile, a filament profile, and a print profile. They are not linked. So, if you saved from the print settings tab and then close, it would lose anything you had saved on the other tabs.
    slic3r does have a bug where if you type values into a field that has a selector control, then it loses them when you save. Perhaps that's some of your trouble?
    Hope that helps a little.

4. sagi

sagi New Member

i will try to explain the problem .
    i was able to get the "video setting screen " some how on one of my laptops .
    and in this setting screen i finished with one of the tabs, lets say "printer settings" and then try to save it using the save button (as seen above). the moment i press it all settings in the "printer settings" tab return to original and nothing was saved .

i only able to get the "video setting screen " on one of my laptops i think it was by pressing File->Prefences->Mode (changed to expart).
    the problem is that when i try it at first or on a different PC it says to reboot slic3r and when i do nothing is changed, it remain in simple mode .

5. sagi

sagi New Member

i will realy want to try on my first print .
    your help will be much appreciated.

6. sagi

sagi New Member

hi ,
    FYI , i solved this issue by opening a new user in win with english char.
    apperently slic3r dont know to save to diractory with hebrow char.