1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

CE and FCC signs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matthias, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthias

Matthias Member

Hi,

this was already discussed on kickstarter, but I want to bring this back to your (RoBo Team) attention:

When shipping stuff to the European Union you need to have the CE sign, not sure tho about FCC.
    Customs may send things back to the originating country without that sign. I ordered a small line laser that came from China. The first one was sent back and I got a letter informing me about this. The second one somehow made it to my doorstep.
    I also heard that some backers of the Pepple BT-watch had the same issue that customs won't let the watches through...
    Can you please comment on this topic?

2. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Matthias, I have pointed this out to the team. Thanks for the information, and we will get back to you shortly.

3. Electrocutioner

Electrocutioner New Member

You are going to want to look into this for Canada as well. It probably won't get stopped but especially on power supplies and hot ends if it doesn't have a CSA or ULc sticker and an IC number your going to have a real bad time with fines if the .gov catches on. Politicians like to fund their crack habits with fines. (cough.. Rob Ford)

2 people like this.
  4. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I hope I don't have any problems (I'm in Canada). I just want this damn thing already :(

5. da9l

da9l Member

+1 on that one!

6. Matthias

Matthias Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.