1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Circle dimensionally inaccurate

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by grant, Mar 15, 2018.

1. grant

grant New Member

I need some help, I've been having issues with any thing I design the final print is not the correct size it was suppose to be. I'm running simplify3d and have tried numerous settings but can't seem to get it right. If it was .1 mm off it wouldn't be an issue but usually it's off 1 or 2mm. I just made a part that was suppose to be 17.55 and ended up being 16.34. any suggestions would be great! Thanks guys

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Is it a correct circle or is it an oval?
    If the belts or sets screws are off a bit it will over or undershoot, but on a circle it will be obvious since there is little chance the mechanical aberrations are equal on X and Y.

If it is a perfect circle I would suspect the model ... in which case just scale it a tiny amount (in your example 1.074)

3. grant

grant New Member

It's a perfect circle, I'm using fusion 360. I'll try and scale it, I wish I knew why it wasn't printing accurate. Even on ovals they are not accurate.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

More likely a slicer or model issue really, hard to say without testing. Do you have models that are printing correct sizes (or closer -- perfect is a challenge on FDM)

5. grant

grant New Member

Usually all models are off a bit, when I print big circles though for 52mm gauges they usually fit perfect. I'll test out the scaling when I get home.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Interesting, most cases are the reverse where smaller models are more accurate and larger ones less so. You can try slowing down the print speeds and acceleration/jerk to see of that helps (it will not hurt regardless if those are still at the stock numbers)