As I was testing Partsbuilt replacement board for the R2 I began to get flaky results. After much checking of the board I finally discovered it was the Hotend cable. I found that the cable flexes as the print head moves and eventually the cable becomes intermittent or open. I made a two piece clip that slips over the cable and mounts to it's connector. It holds the cable rigid to where the cable is rigid and will not flex. This "should" solve the problem of flaky cables. To repair the cable I just cut off the end of the cable, took apart the connector and remounted it to the cable. This solved my flaky problems. Some of these problems indicated that my system board had died, like the extruder stepper not working or the hotend failing on temperature.