1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Config.h

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JeffreyB, Jun 8, 2017.

1. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

So when are the usual players, the experts going to get some tweaks to the configuration.h file? This slow Z axis is killing me... Also does it really need a 16 point bed leveling?

Jeff

#1 JeffreyB, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

I assume you're talking about how long it takes Z to home, especially if the bed was high off the ground when the printer was turned off.

My guess is the speed is intentional, as to allow time for the micro-switch and firmware to react to a closure before damaging the switch. The other issue is the weight of the bed. Perhaps the designers were concerned about loosing steps if the Z acceleration was too high.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@JeffreyB none of us from the R1 days that frequent the forurm daily have a R2, but you could very easily change those items that bother you test and post a thread about the advantages/disadvantages and how to! :D

4. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

Any idea when Robo will post the current R2 firmware so we can start tweaking?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

None of us a privy to that information. I'd suggest asking them. If its not on their github it will be soonish I'm sure. I know they are working on user documents so they may roll the firmware out at the same time, defiantly call and ask :D

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Looks like it is current on GitHub. Bear in mind that they are using GitHub for all the new stuff, not the older firmware download page.