1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Connecting to printer with MatterControl

Discussion in 'Software' started by nol b, Mar 16, 2014.

1. nol b

nol b Member

I'm using the MatterControl software that came with my robo. When I try to connect my printer itsays "Oops! Printer could not be detected". When I go to the Manual Configuration screen it says "No COM ports available". It's connected via USB. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Anyone else run into this issue?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Did you install the driver?

3. nol b

nol b Member

When I add the printer it installs the driver. Under "Devices and Printers" there is a "RUMBA - ATmega 2560 co" that appears to have issues. I'm guessing the driver didn't install correctly. I'll start investigating that.

4. nol b

nol b Member

5. signature products

signature products New Member

I am having this exact issue. I tried using the troubleshooter, but it tells me there is no driver for the Rumba. I tried clicking on the link nol b provided above, but the link isnt working. What can I do? Just got the printer today, been messing with setup for hours. It would be nice to print something!!

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Install arduino ide from arduino.cc and use the device manager to install the arduino mega 2560 driver

7. signature products

signature products New Member

I downloaded the Arduino IDE, however there isn't a driver that is available to install the Arduino Mega 2560 Driver (that I am aware of). Unless if I missed something, the i386 is the only driver shown in the documents that works for Windows; on the other hand, after using Device Manager to update the driver, the i386 document didn't work. Is there anything that I am missing or need to download?

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

2 people like this.