1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Connection Error after Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Knot_A_Latte, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Knot_A_Latte

Knot_A_Latte New Member

Hi, I was trying ti update the software & firmware on the R2 to get it up to speed. After the firmware update, now the stepper motors lock up and I receive a connection error. I reset it, then it goes back to an "offline" status. I downloaded the Marlin software straight from the ROBO site. Is there something I'm missing? I checked all the connections on the ports, everything is tight.

2. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Marlin software from Robo site? Do you mean Cura? Im not aware Robo has the marlin firmware on their main site its on github. How did you update through the lcd? Also check your bed connections underneath your bed is i believe 4 pins verify they are making good contact to the bed, and make sure all connections are properly connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

There is indeed no Marlin for R2 on the site that I know of. You might have downloaded and flashed the one for the R1?

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If so that will not even begin to work. Getting back to the correct firmware would be difficult too.

Geof likes this.
  5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Your only hope is to download directly from GITHUB and reflash. And since that is not officially supported it may have unexpected results. The most current R2 firmware can be downloaded from this link.

https://github.com/Robo3D/Marlin/tree/R2

6. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

And for future reference you do NOT need to mess with firmware unless you have a very good reason. The RoboOS update process already also updates the firmware if necessary.