1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cooling upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Day Vid, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Day Vid

Day Vid New Member

This being my first printer I will disclaim that I do not know what I'm talking about. That being said, I suspect most of the quality issues I am having are from inadequate cooling. Most of the problems I'm experiencing are accuracy (corners not sharp) and thin sections getting blown out.

I am currently printing with PLA on 184 degrees. Any lower and I start getting retraction clicks. I also have the fans on full speed and I've turned down the speed to allow for more time spent under the fans. This has shown an improvement in quality but I think it can be better.

Has anyone tried to upgrade their cooling system? Has anyone had luck with the new cooling shroud they posted?

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

How about posting samples? What filament? Temp seems a litte low.
    The new shroud is a tad better but the stock one was fine already.

3. sgomes

sgomes Active Member

I think it depends on what you're looking at. Overhangs and bridging aren't particularly great in my machine, and I think it's due to the part cooling.

4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

That's why it's worth having a look at what kind of part/issue he's referring to. He mentioned corners and those should not be a problem.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

I usually can't go under 190°C unless I print really slow and that new Fan Duct does clean up bridging quite a bit.