1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Cura filament (material) profiles

Discussion in 'Software' started by OutsourcedGuru, Jun 26, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I've created custom filament profiles for the set of plastic I'm running now. They appear to import into Cura as expected. I've created a repository and have zipped up the collection here as well. Since I don't have a heated bed, I couldn't tell you if the bed temperature's are optimal—I'm just using the researched defaults for that in each case.

If you want to roll your own filament profile, the folks at Cura indicated that you want to issue a unique GUID as I've done here.

Robo_Black_PLA_1-75.jpg Robo_Blue_PLA_1-75.jpg Robo_White_PLA_1-75.jpg Shaxon_Brass-infused_PLA_1-75.jpg Shaxon_Bronze-infused_PLA_1-75.jpg Shaxon_Copper-infused_PLA_1-75.jpg Shaxon_CarbonFiber-infused_PLA_1-75.jpg

Attached Files:

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Just note that even if you add these profiles to Cura, you'll still need to adjust the custom settings for the temperature. Otherwise, you won't see that proper temperature in the produced GCODE file.