1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cura Setup

Discussion in 'Software' started by 4sfaloth, Mar 30, 2020.

1. 4sfaloth

4sfaloth Member

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is specified in inches:
    " 8 x 9 x 10 inches "

So by conversion we get:

203.2x228.6x254

But, that is a perfect printer and the reality is these are not that perfect. Yours may vary slightly. I suspect the thread you are referencing is just in error for that one dimension, but Mike Kelley is no longer around to ask :) and that thread is from 2015.

3. 4sfaloth

4sfaloth Member

I thought so. I realize the thread is quite old, but it still appears at the top, probably because it was created by a moderator or something. Perhaps it would be a good idea to fix the original post if possible?

I'd also like to take the chance to ask if anyone knows the correct values to introduce on the PrintHead settings (for a stock R1+). Please see attached image.
    If I'm not mistaken these are just the size of the print head and gantry height with respect to the nozzle tip and so I can probably measure them, but if there are "official" or at least well-tested values I'd rather use those :p

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not a Cura user so sorry -- can't comment on that.
    I'll let someone else fill that in :)

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

When I fill in those dimensions it’s for sequential printing. Measure and add some extra so you don’t knock over another print. I normally add 5-10mm in each direction. You should remember though, Cura is build for a Ultimaker so the dimensions may interfere with your build volume. Can’t recall

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. 4sfaloth

4sfaloth Member

Will do. Can someone just please confirm that I am measuring the right things? I have attached a picture of how I am performing the measurements (you can't see the Y axis here but I can extrapolate from the other two). Is this how I am supposed to perform the measurements? r1+Axes.jpg

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

8. Jose Cuevas

Jose Cuevas New Member

I would like to try Cura 4.5 wonder if whats your experience so far.

also any change you could export your slicer settings and share your machine json?