1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Custom g-code?

Discussion in 'Software' started by AutopsyTurvy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

I have only just started dabbling with twiddling with g-code (and it went poorly, oh so poorly) but I'm wondering if what I want to do is possible...

I would like to run a job in Repetier, and have it heat the nozzle to the desired temperature and be ready to print. Then I'd like it to do a bit of a dance back and forth to make a particular noise and get my attention, and pause at that point with the extruder still heated so I can scurry over and pull off any globs that have stuck to the nozzle so they don't get caught up on the skirt and first layer, and then let me continue the print after I've cleaned up the nozzle.

Any guidance on how to do this, especially how I might add it to the default pre-print settings in Slic3r/Repetier? Feel free to talk to me like I am an idiot, as I am an artist, not a programmer, and while I'm competent in Slic3r/Repetier, my previous efforts at g-code have just ended up with ruined prints.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

That is fairly easy do you have any idea of the movement you want it to make to generate teh tnoise you want let me know and I can put it together for you

3. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Maybe it's just me but I would sooner put a Piezo on the arduino and have that make a sound... better chance of hearing it. Would require a bit more modification as you'd need to make a change to the firmware and re-upload it, but I can't think the modification would be terribly difficult.

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

its more the novelty for me at least

5. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Gotcha... like the F1 engines playing various songs:

:)