1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cutting Edge High Tech Solution to Nozzle Clogs!

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Printed Solid, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Nozzle clogs can be caused by a variety of different issues.

Some are due to the filament itself. Embedded debris, air bubbles, diameter variations, moisture, etc. These can be minimized by using high quality filament from reputable suppliers.

Some are due to problems with the way the filament is spooled. Tangles, overly tight wind, splices, filament glued to the side of the spool (that was my personal favorite), retained diameter due to too small a core, filament slipping between the side of the spool and the packaged filament, etc. Many of these can also be avoided by dealing with a high quality supplier.

Then you have problems due to your own setup. One of these is debris contamination. A lot of people have designed different kinds of filament cleaners. The slot in the top of the robo makes for a much simpler low tech solution. I take a piece of microfiber cloth, wrap it around the filament and slip it into that slot. It cleans the filament and gives a nice low friction path for the filament to ride on. Sometimes simple solutions work well :)

2013-10-29 17.56.38.jpg

2 people like this.
  2. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Liking the complexity of this! Good idea Matt!

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

lol

2 people like this.
  4. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Hey thats much better then a larger diameter plastic bottle cutaway i thought to use to cover entire roll from dust.
    Could not find large enough bottle :)

2 people like this.
  5. Michael DiFilippo

Michael DiFilippo Active Member

Woah... way to complex for me man I can't deal with it. Please come up with another solution or else I may be forced to buy this from you.

Sorry I couldn't resist hahaha. Great idea though.

2 people like this.