1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Delivery of printer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ib Helmer Nielsen, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Ib Helmer Nielsen

Ib Helmer Nielsen New Member

Hi
    Is anyone else having trouble getting their printer delivered or just to get a delivery date that holds. I have contacted ROBO repeatedly without that has resulted in that I have got the printer or just have hada delivery date that was subsequently met.
    best regard
    Ib Helmer Nielsen

2. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Are you talking about the initial delivery estimate, or you have a tracking number and can't get the delivery estimate for that?

Were you a kickstarter order person or did you order after the campaign from their website?

As far as I know they are still filling backlog of kicker orders.

What is your order number?

3. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Oh, and what was the delivery date you were expecting vs what you've been told (or not) for delivery estimate?

4. Ib Helmer Nielsen

Ib Helmer Nielsen New Member

I'm a Kickstarter order person, and the last of the estimates I was given (14/10) :
    "It should be in the mail this week. You will be updated with a tracking number soon!

Braydon Moreno

CEO

RoBo 3D LLC

Team RoBo 3D"

5. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Dunno then. When I was given my "should be a in week" email it was a month before I got my tracking number. They are shipping as quick as they can and said all kickers should have theirs by the holiday. I know you're anxious, but also understand that they have 1000 people or so all emailing them the same question and wanting to know where they are with shipping orders and eta of when they will get theirs.

Relax, browse thingiverse, go watch the fall colors change, and know it'll be on it's way sometime soon.

6. Gizmos

Gizmos New Member

Wish I had checked these forums earlier to facilitate more realistic expectations. Before ordering in October, I emailed ROBO directly and asked when to expect delivery if ordered at that time. The "before Christmas" assurance lured me into committing all my funds into this item. From the sound of things, it likely will be a Ho Ho Hum time spent admiring all the pretty colored spools of filament under the tree on the big day! With an order number in the late 1500's, it appears my printer will be alongside visions of ABS sugar plums dancing in my head.
    Does anyone know if there is a snowball's chance that 1600 printers will have been produced by then????

7. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

I was told the same, I cant see it happening though. Would be fantastic if so.

8. Gizmos

Gizmos New Member

Paraphrased summary of message from Santa and the Robo Elves received yesterday on Oct. order in 1500's, ABS/PLA, post kickstarter to USA destination:
    Yes, Gizmos, there is a Santa Claus . . . He has left San Diego and is on his way to your place as this note is being typed.
    Racegrafix, I hope you get a happy surprise too. As for me, I am looking forward to building snowmen in our usually hot as hell climate before it arrives!! :D Merry Christmas and a big THANK YOU to the ROBO Team.

9. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

oh man that would be awesome. Congrats