1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Detached wires...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cody Holland, Jun 21, 2017.

1. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

The answer to this question is "no", by the way. There should be somebody willing to invoice you for a replacement thermistor.

Maybe @Jerry RoBo 3D or @Braydon ROBO 3D will get a notification that they were tagged and can get involved, because not being able to buy a replacement thermistor is silly when the only known source for them is Robo.

2. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

I asked the guy how am I suppose to reattach the new wire. He told me "the wire was held by a set screw and some silicone glue, unless the wire ripped then you would need a new one" how do I tell if mine ripped... lord I feel like this is more complicated that it should be lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I am fairly certain it was a communications failure in that the non-technical phone-person was not seeing a "thermistor" available as a part. They listed it as a thermmistor & cable or some such poo.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty sure every replacement thermistor they sent me was coded as : thermistor wire

I think there is a miscommunication on what is included in that but that both parties are speaking the same thing I'd bet (expecially since they were $5.00 when I bought spares before I swapped to E3D)

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The new C2/R2 use the same style hexagon and thermistor so... not a problem there although I can't remember if the connectors are the same.