1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Dual Z M666 does nothing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sean Carson, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

I have set this up, but the left side is still printing closer to the bed than the right. I want this calibrated on homing rather than manual calibration so I don't have to worry about it.

// Z_DUAL_ENDSTOPS is a feature to enable the use of 2 endstops for both Z steppers - Let's call them Z stepper and Z2 stepper.
    // That way the machine is capable to align the bed during home, since both Z steppers are homed.
    // There is also an implementation of M666 (software endstops adjustment) to this feature.
    // After Z homing, this adjustment is applied to just one of the steppers in order to align the bed.
    // One just need to home the Z axis and measure the distance difference between both Z axis and apply the math: Z adjust = Z - Z2.
    // If the Z stepper axis is closer to the bed, the measure Z > Z2 (yes, it is.. think about it) and the Z adjust would be positive.
    // Play a little bit with small adjustments (0.5mm) and check the behaviour.
    // The M119 (endstops report) will start reporting the Z2 Endstop as well.

EDIT: I fixed it. I used a negative number instead of a positive and the firmware wouldn't let it go lower, so it just stayed where it was.

#1 Sean Carson, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.