1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

e3d v6 collet clip

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by joea, Jan 8, 2021.

1. joea

joea Active Member

Whilst casually assembling e3d v6 kit, there was this one part left over, not mentioned in any of the videos or guides I observed. a tiny blue clip like deal.

A bit of scrounging turned up of all things a thiingiverse file for just that item.

Ah, now I see. Making sure the tube was properly seated in the heat break, the break thoroughly seated in the heat sink, I popped the black guide/lock into "the fully upright position" and confidently went to install the little blue clip. Which promptly popped off at a high rate of speed, apparently achieving dimensional escape velocity.

Question now is to order a couple on Amazebay, or rely on the "lock" to keep the tube in position while I print what I found on thingiverse and change the tube working out while doing retracts?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can depend on the lock for short term prints and if you reduce printing speed by say 50% that will also help.

3. joea

joea Active Member

In my stack of "I'll buy this assortment pack, just in case" (and hardly ever . . .) I found "cir-clips" that has one that worked out. At least so far.

Now I have to decide if I should drill out the (fill in proper name) to allow the tube to run up to the hobbed bolt. I'm pretty sure I want to have the tube come up that far as I always had trouble feeding in filament with the old one. Drove me nuts. Short, repetitive trips.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, you need to bring the tube up from the extruder and through the Gregs Wade mounting plate up to just below the hobbed bolt.