1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved E3D V6 keeps jamming.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by nierro, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Try printing again and if it jams do a feel test. Touch the heatsink and see if it's hot to the touch. If it's too hot to keep your finger on it's probably the issue.

Otherwise when it jams pull out the filament and see if there's a large "bulged" zone.

Wouldn't hurt to do some seasoning pushes

nierro likes this.
  2. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I too am having a bit of difficulty with both my knock off and branded v6. I'll look into better cooling. I can print PLA, but the other filaments like to stick and jam, like they're hanging up on a ledge or something. Disassembling shows that there shouldn't be any mechanical hangups.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

@Ben R the hotend fan might be misbehaving. Running too slow for example.
    If it is not always on you would probably notice, but it should always be on and full speed.
    The small all-metal units really depend on that fan to make the extruder work correctly.
    The hotter you try to go the worse it will get if the fan is the culprit.

4. nierro

nierro Member

Okay, so I did everything you guys told me to at once and PLA printed perfect. Ninjaflex however kept jamming. I went back and change the speed, and I fucked that up. Instead of telling it to go 70% speed, I told it to go 70 mm per. It was going crazy fast and I left it running just to see how it goes. And it printed PERFECT. Lol wth... well thanks guys!

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

<shrug> Run with it :)

nierro likes this.