1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

E3d v6

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Spidematt, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

I recently bought a robo 3d r1 plus and havent had any issues with it other than the glass bed having a void in it but i got a replacement for it very fast ( however no instructions or any idea on what to use to glue the magnets to it in the right spots) but i did change out the hotend for an e3d v6 for no reason other than everyone seemed to be doing it my question is do i need to update the firmware for the thermister ive read on other places that i dont need to because it is the same one that the hex hotend uses.

2. Caleb Cangelosi

I just changed from a hex to an E3D v6, and I did have to change the firmware because I used the canister thermistor from E3D. II believe if you used the same thermistor as came originally, you don't have to? Other guys can answer this more accurately. I was very nervous about messing with firmware, but this forum plus you tube and google got me through it without a hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

That sucks I was afraid of that all my temp settings I was using are not working and I can't get it to print like it was

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is a 5 minute fix to one line of the CONGIGURATION.H to change the thermistor type.

Should be documented in the E3D threads if you need more details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.