1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Err: TEMP FALL ERROR

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Eric Viglotti, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

Over the last month or so, I have heard some odd noises from my R1+ that sound like the following dropbox link video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjofu3ygyewox1s/R1+ scary noise.mov?dl=0

And now, reproducibly, all of a sudden, two times in a row, I start a print job printing through my USB connection (since I suspected I had an issue with my SD reader), and the printer turns off all of the lights, stops printing and the display shows this Err: TEMP FALL ERROR. I then turn off the printer and back on and it does turn back on, so it's not like I lost power to the electrical socket and both times it happened, it was right around the 1st or 2nd layer.

Anyone ever seen this or is it time for me to bring my R1+ to the Robo mothership/hospital? :(

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

An intermittent connection to the thermistor is likely the cause. Those are very fragile parts and the wiring is very fine. As the head moves around the tension on those wires may cause it to lose connection and an open circuit would read as 0° to the firmware. Since Marlin does not display every temp reading it reads from the thermistor you may not see it in the logs. Depending on when you got your R1 you might need to get either another glass bead thermistor or one from Robo that is a canister thermistor.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

This is typically (darn near always) the little fan on the bottom right front corner not working correctly. The ramps overheats and shuts down killing the lights. Temp fall may be happening as well, but I'd first look into that fan.

WheresWaldo likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

5. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

Thank you all, I'll check into this.