1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Error When Heating the Bed and Hotend

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ballhogjoni, Jul 1, 2017.

1. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

I'm trying to print some glow in the dark ABS but I keep running into an error that shuts down the connection with OctoPrint. This shutdown tops the print completely and I can't recover the print. Luckily it happens 5 minutes into the print while printing the first layer of the raft.

The temps are hotend 230c and bed 80c

The R2 prints PLA awesome!

2. colton81

colton81 Active Member

What is the error message your receiving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

I didn't write down the error. It just mentioned that it was disconnecting and shutting down. The R2 just stops in its tracks.

4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Preheat the bed at 70°C or so for a while before starting the print. The printer controller throws an error if temperature increases less than 2°C in 100 seconds, which can happen if the whole thing was cold.
    Usually that starts being the case with target temps of 90-100°C though, strange you have it at 80 already. Check your bed pogo pin connections.

See
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/bed-cant-get-above-90deg-before-error.18888/

Geof likes this.
  5. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

Thanks Kilrah

I have it set at 80 because that was the suggested temp for the STL i'm trying to print. I will try and have it preheated for a while so it doesn't have to increase so much within 100 seconds.

Geof likes this.