1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Even Better Dryer Box

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Lance Weston, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I just bought a SOVOL dryer box on Aliexpress for $51 delivered and amazingly it came in three days. It has the same stupid controls as all other dryer boxes so I attached a humidity and temperature controller which applies voltage to the heater when both the temperature is too low and humidity is too high.

The controllers can be purchased for 12v or 24v and the 24v unit is simple to convert to 12v. The Sovol is a 12v 48w unit which is great. The Chinese controllers convert from 12v to 24v by means of a big power resistor that gets real hot. The 24v Sunlu boxes (controller on left has bad display segment) had all of the heat from these resistors on the outside of the box for a waste of a great deal of power. The 12v controllers mount on the SOVOL boxes and all of the heat ( which is much less ) goes on the inside of the box.

The SOVOL box has a fan and keeps the filament uniformly hot. It holds two rolls. It is by far the superior choice.

This is a very simple project requiring only a soldering iron. I will document if anyone has interest.

Attached Files:

LordPeq and mark tomlinson like this.