1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

"Exotic" Filament with R1+

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by Owl, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Owl

Owl New Member

Today I was at WalMart and I found a certificate frame for $3, threw the frame away and kept the glass. Score! Thanks Geof and company.

Geof likes this.
  2. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

Don't throw the frame away you can make a lithograph and frame it or something but glad you got your glass.

I did remember if you don't want to use clips you can get a gino pad that sticks to it , I know it works for glass on metal not sure if it works on glass to glass. Somebody has to have tried it.

Owl likes this.
  3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

A lot of people use this style binder clips with the metal loops removed to hold the glass down to the bed.
    [​IMG]

Owl likes this.
  4. Owl

Owl New Member

I have a bunch of those clips lying around, and those are exactly what I grabbed to use! Still, really interesting to see those sheets, Chuck, thanks for the link. These are exactly the thing I was wondering about earlier in the thread. I'm really happy I got this glass piece so I can use hairspray and kapton on it without having overspray on the printhead or having to work around the X axis rods in the R1+. I wish they made the magnetic build tray a little less of a commitment to get on and off, but I understand the limitations they faced with doing that, so I'm not complaining.