1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Extruder and error problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Avvesome, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Avvesome

Avvesome New Member

i have a Robo R1 plus and the extruder stopped extruding filament. I cannot find anyone online who has a disassembly I can follow because I cannot find the proper way to take out the hot end. The filament has cut off in the hole where you first put it into the extruder so I cannot pull it out. And when I tried it just snapped off. The filament is Wood PLA and the normal way of heating the extruder and then trying to remove has not worked but I have not yet been able to remove the hot end from the axis. Also when I turn the printer on to move the axis the computer on it says “printer halted please reset”. I have got that before and turning it off and on again has worked before but not this time. What can I do about those problems?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Review this for how to remove the hotend.

review this for how the hotend goes together (and obviously taking it apart is the reverse).

The thermistor in yours is a slightly different style, but other than that the assembly/disassembly is the same.

As for the “printer halted please reset” you have an error and need to review the GCode terminal to see what the error being reported is. My suspicion is that the error is "Temperature Fell too much during print" and this is covered in the FAQ thread.

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/faq-r1-r1-series-printers.19735/

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Lastly review the thread on seasoning the hotend to help avoid clogs