1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved extruder bearing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Spidematt, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

Had a filament jam and noticed that my extruder bearing looks as if it has been tightened to much and is coming apart this machine is only like 3 weeks old and i'm not having any issues, my question is are these just the normal 608zz bearings that i can get from amazon or are they a different size i don't really care to try and get replacements from warranty when I can get them cheap and fast, also i was wondering what size are the carriage bushings I want to print new types of carriages but want to leave my old one alone in case I have issues

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Normally when bearings in the printer die it is the LM8UU ones on the rods, but having just recently built a Greg's Wade for another printer I know that those fit :)

Not sure which bushings you are questioning... picture?

4. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

5. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

just realized you said bushing not bearing the ones on the bottom of the carriage on the 2 x axis rods

6. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

ok just looked up at the lm8uu post above that is what i was thinking was a bushing so thanks for all youre help

mark tomlinson likes this.