1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder commands flipped?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Emmanuel Colon, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmanuel Colon

Emmanuel Colon New Member

Hello! I'm brand new to the forums, but I've had my Robo3D R1+ for a couple of years now. I'm a Total Scrub when it comes to 3d printers, robotics and electronics in general, but I've been learning as I've been going.

My problems started out with the z-axis not aligning properly. As I was working on this issue, the extruder stepper motor started to grind. I replaced the wiring and the motor works again, but when I tell it to extrude, it instead retracts, and vice-versa.

I have not been able to print anything in about a year or so, due to these issues, but call me Rick Astley, cause I ain't givin up on my R1+ til I can get it running at least one more time.

Thanks in advance.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is as simple as the extruder retracting when told to extrude and extruding when told to extract .. rotate the conector 180 degrees where the extruder wire connects to the RAMPS board.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Here is the board labeled so you know where the connector is (E motor):

Robo3D R1 +Plus Ramps Board (labeled).jpg

Some of the R1 exruder motors had connectors at the motor which would be easier to swap

4. Emmanuel Colon

Emmanuel Colon New Member

Brilliant! I was using the other connections as a reference,, but it turns that this is it, 100%. Turn the connector.

Thanks, Mark!! I have another issue with my printer, but I'll do my research first and post another thread on the forums.

:D:D:D

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.