1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

extruder motor clicking and not rotating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sachelle, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Sachelle

Sachelle New Member

Had a failed print the other day where the filament jacked up around the spool and the print went for hours with out material. Not sure its related... but now the extruder motor will not feed; basically when trying to extrude it will click and seemingly doesn't have enough power to advance the filament ( any type). I have realigned the gear, cleaned the nozzle etc. Any ideas? when taken the motor completely apart so it has no resistance just the gear on it and hold it in midair... it just clicks and doesn't rotate.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Could be the stepper driver on the control board. Or a bad stepper.
    About the only way to sort out which is to hook a different stepper up to the same wire and see if it turns or clicks.

On the old R1 you could just swap the driver chip and see, but ... not the R2/C2

3. Sachelle

Sachelle New Member

Thanks for the info. Are their any upgrades for the stepper available i should look at?

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The R2/C2 have integrated steppers and no means of swapping or upgrading them. It is a proprietary mainboard.

5. Sachelle

Sachelle New Member

Ok.... so what’s my options on fixing the issues of i can’t get another part ?

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Call or email Robo directly, no one on this forum works for Robo so we can't tell you what the next steps are.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We can offer suggestions for out of warranty fixes if you ware willing to do that work :) Under warranty get Robo to handle it.
    There are alternative control boards that can relatively easily be swapped in.