1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder not working on new gcode

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joshua lawson, Jan 31, 2019.

1. joshua lawson

joshua lawson New Member

I was working last night with my 3d printer and whenever i made a new gcode from cura after i got to the second layer the extruder only spun part of the time while following the same path it should i thought it was a clog but i went through cleaned everything and tried again... still the same issue. Out of curiosity i went and ran a test cube i already had stored on the sd card and it worked perfectly i found that a bit weird so i tried another print i had on the sd card that matched what filament i was using it also worked im just wondering if my g code got corrupted my robo isnt recognizing it or if cura is messing up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try another slicer since it is almost certainly Cura at fault.

3. joshua lawson

joshua lawson New Member

bought simplify 3d today and tried running a new print but now the extruders not even running anytime during the print i can still manually extrude but only the older prints on the sd i have are able to print

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

What’s in your start up script? What temps? There are a bunch of .fffs on the forum. Grab one and try it to see what’s up. May want to reformat your sd card

5. joshua lawson

joshua lawson New Member

you know what i think i may be a huge idiot here my temp setting is 185 that may be below min print temp

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep turn it up to start :)