1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder wiring

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sarg1, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Sarg1

Sarg1 New Member

Long story short. I had ordered new wiring harness off of Amazon. My problem is that I no longer have the original to look at to see if the wires are in the connector in the right order. Right now extruder motor just stutters when activated. And yes I did try reversing the connector on the board. So if someone could actually look at their connectors, it would be help me out a lot. On the new harness the white connector wire line up is the first pin hole is a red wire skip one hole then black then blue then skip one hole then finally a green wire. Looking at it from top to bottom with the two humps on the left. Now on the other end looking at the black connector with pin release on the left from top to bottom is red blue green and black. By the way this is on a robo3d plus.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Pictures of the wires you have and what you are trying to do will help someone respond.
    And, for what it is worth, the wire colors on the Robo harness are not certain to match generic ones.

3. Sarg1

Sarg1 New Member

Here is the harness. One end plugs into the extruder motor the other connects to the arduino board. I need to know if the wires are in the correct order.

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Mine do not have the disconnect on the stepper motor side, they go from the small connector straight into the motor.
    The ones on my C2 have a disconnect there, but it is a smaller one and a different stepper.

5. Sarg1

Sarg1 New Member

Thanks for trying. After sleeping on it, I finally figured it out. I did swap some wires around on both ends. Now it is humming along just fine.