1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Fan Shroud Upgrade for the C2

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by OutsourcedGuru, Nov 6, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Interesting...

...so in this thread, I'm making my recommendations for the C2 and it looks like Coby took the bait and used my suggestion on the fan shroud to adjust the part fans to be mounted diagonally rather than horizontally. What you're missing here is my offline discussion via PM in which I shared a drawing with him. (Sweet...!)

It looks like he's bringing the right-side cooling closer to the first extruder, so it should outperform the original, I'm sure. Looks like he's not used the internal surfacing to direct air flow for the hotend... so I think I'll redesign for my own needs, especially since I'll have two extruders.

IMG_6224.jpg

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Have a thread on this in the R2 section, Did he give you the file which replaces the rear fan with a 30 mm square?

3. OutsourcedGuru

Nope, didn't ask for it. Like I said, I'll be re-designing it. I'd do it more like this:

DSC_0120.png

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So if you plan to keep it usable with dual extruders -- I am interested.

5. OutsourcedGuru

That's the plan. I've got the pass-through done (but will likely re-print the rear-facing part when the stepper arrives). The last run-out switch has been all soldered up and should be ready for a final continuity test after the last hot-glue session.

The switch so far... and while I'm at it, a tarantula and some pictographs I saw on the weekend.

DSC_0211.jpg DSC_0265.jpg DSC_0266.jpg

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nice. That will cure one dual-extrusion annoyance. Why they built a mount for two switches and only provided one... is another mystery. They could have made it configurable to enable the second switch...

7. OutsourcedGuru

It's a simple problem when using just a single extruder: insert an L-shaped piece of spare filament in the other one.