1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Filament pulling failure during print.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jaykav99, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Jaykav99

Jaykav99 New Member

Was about 20 % through printing benchy...and then i heard a sound dadadadadadadadadadada

then i noticed the wheels aren't spinning at all to pull in the filament.

So i run the unload it moves for about 5 seconds...then wheels stop dadadadadada. reload runs 5 seconds and then wheels stop dadadadada

Tried a restart and cold boot same problem...so now i cant even get the filament out.

Anyone experience this?

This is my first print...ran the software update and such and i am using the robo rilament.

2. Jaykav99

Jaykav99 New Member

Well that sucked...after walking through something with jerry, it seems over all that some part of the filament got messed up or broken off something...that of course wasnt melting but was stopping the rest from being pulled through...a good 20 mins of loading and unloading got it back in working order.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Clog/Jam... yea, those are not fun. The direct extruders on the C2/R2 are more susceptible to minor bind ups than the geared extruders (like the GregsWade) are. You could have had a fat spot on the filament or if it was PLA maybe a microclog (although those usually clear on their own).

4. Tim Navarette

Tim Navarette New Member

I keep getting that on the same spot in the same print already 3 times. Could it be the file in this case? Cuz the smallet prints have worked fine, except this one, which is the robo spool holder. It's all 3 files on one print, about 12 or so hours at .3 and 50% infill but jams within about the first hour mark every time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It could be the model. Best way to eliminate that (other than running the model through tools to check it) would be to print a different on that takes as long and is using about as much filament.

Tim Navarette and Geof like this.
  6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You can still fix models online. There are a few sites that can do online STL repair. MakePrintable.com (they allow 3 per repairs per month on the free account) and Microsoft allows unlimited repairs but you need a Microsoft Live account (free) and it only downloads in the 3D builder format, so you will need to load it in Windows 10 3D Builder and export back to STL, and Netfabb which also requires a Microsoft LiveID.

7. Jaykav99

Jaykav99 New Member

Good there is model correction options out there, as for my machine its 100% clogged now. Can not remotely manually push any filament through, going to remove my nozzle today to see if i can fix it...also i noticed my gear screw is completely stripped so there goes loosening or tightening that gear for troubleshooting. Have a support request in for a skype call. Problems since day 1 with this machine. Really cant believe it since my R1+ was flawless and ate this filament like a champ.

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Direct extruders can be more picky on filament. However, this one is a direct extruder with a short feed path so really... it shouldn't be a huge deal. Certainly trying different filament is a good idea, but generally the R2/C2 should be happy with everything the R1+ was (at least on the primary extruder).

Season the nozzle while you have the extruder out. Easier to do it then.