1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Fillement is tied up.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KevinB, Jan 7, 2017.

1. KevinB

KevinB New Member

Hi, my fillement keeps getting tied up. It happend a few times now. And when it happens my print fails.
    Is there somthing I can do?

Its offical robo fillement printing with a Robo C2
    Note: I cant add a image to the post... So my avatar is a picture with the problem :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 KevinB, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You have to be careful when you load the filament as it is very easy to get the end of the filament tucked under another strand which will cause a tangle/bind when printing. I have done this myself a few times :) Every time I have seen this happen it has been user error.
    I am not saying that it is impossible for a spool to get to you already tangled ... but the way they spool the filament on it is unlikely.

As for what you can do (besides being careful loading it) try unspooling a few feet off the spool and make sure it is not tangled. Then carefully wind it back on.

Shane Simino and Printed Solid like this.
  3. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I've had this happen once early on. I brute force solved it. I grabbed my granddaughter and the spool and took both outside and proceeded to slowly unspool the roll until we found the problem then carefully rewound the spool. Sorry, best I got.

When not in the extruder, keep your loose end secured with tape or a clip in the notch that is usually part of the spool to keep it from getting loose and tangling again.

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

On top of what the others have said re: not tangling it in the first place, here is a video with some instructions on a process for untangling.

Geof, Rigmarol and mark tomlinson like this.