1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Firmware

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aaron C., Jun 26, 2016.

1. Aaron C.

Aaron C. New Member

So in my IT nature I always like to run the latest and greatest or what is deemed the best setup. I have already transitioned to S3D and love it, but what I am trying to understand now is firmware. I currently have a Robo R1 Plus with the Micro SD card slow as I have heard newer ones might come with full size now and newer boards, but havent seen this for sure. Either way I am trying to understand if it is worth upgrading firmware consistently? Also I see alot about Marlins latest versions etc so is it a transition that is worth the effort?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The newest robos do come with a full.size sd slot...my suggestion is to get a lcd controller :)...besr in mind thats like asking a favorite color...all about your preference.

As far as firmware...im far to lazy to keep up with the constant changes but members like @WheresWaldo do and he in fact has an amazingly detailed thread on it. Give it a read and see if its something youd want to do.

http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...-1-0-release-candidate-6-for-r1-r1-plus.5806/

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is working ok, leave it alone. :)

It is worth upgrading if you have a specific issue you know that the upgrade will resolve.

4. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

I have the original Robo 3d PLA only and was wondering what teh correct firmware to run for that is.My printer stopped connecting so I tried reloading the firmware with the firmware I found on the robo3d site and now it connects but the print head starts printing about 1/2 inch off the print bed and I am thinking this may be beacause mine doesnt have the hardware for the auto leveling.I leveled the bed by maually homing in repetier host and turning the rod to level the bed like I did originally.The links I found on the robo3d manual no longer seem to work.

5. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I think you need this one. http://download.robo3d.com/firmware/R1/ROBO3D_BETA_6_10.zip since yours is a kickstarter version