1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

first semi successful print

Discussion in 'Australia' started by obzelite, Jan 25, 2014.

1. obzelite

obzelite New Member

i say semi because i ran out of the sample stuff than came in the box.

took about 10 attempts, and ended up cheating by using double sided tape as the job just refused to stick.

happy with the result, now to wait for more filament

[​IMG]

2. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

congratulations, I too had many problems getting it to stick and started using spray glue which worked but was messy and difficult to clean. I have not found a hairspray to work yet but glue sticks work great for me, not all work as I found the more expensive ones seem to be scented like Prittsticks and they do not work , it seems the cheaper the brand the better the adhesion forme plus being water soluble they are easy to clean.

3. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Use a sheet of vinyl...problem solved. It also cuts warping issues down drastically if not completely eliminates them.

4. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

You could also try hair gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. obzelite

obzelite New Member

i tried vinyl first, same results as using painters tape and just the glass.
    i ended up using double sided tape on the vinyl, makes removing the tape easy and the print job sticks very well.

6. PhilKenSebben

PhilKenSebben New Member

I used hairspray which worked well, but also if you do print ABS then use a UHU glue-stick.

7. Kevyn Watkins

Kevyn Watkins New Member

I have found Spray on Circuit board lacquer from Jaycar that I had lying around to be excellent. Sometime difficult to remove the print so use sparingly.

8. Kevyn Watkins

Kevyn Watkins New Member

Or on prints that have lifted, can be used as a fix mid print. Though I tend to tape and lacquer before every print now, helps with the fine details prints like sprocket teeth too.

9. scotta

scotta Active Member

I just use glue stick - UHU glue in the yellow tube. Has worked very well with both ABS and PLA. Even stopped using blue tape....