1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Fixing Bed Auto Tuning

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Lance Weston, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I put a Flexplate system and a glass plate on my R2 and suddenly it would not auto tune. I discovered that if I moved the temp down to 50C for the auto tune it tuned right up. I was also surprised to see that the values calculated at 50C worked better that the ones at 80C. I applied this to the extruder and found that if I tuned the extruder at 150C the values worked better than those calculated at 240C. I modified the Marlin code to intercept the tuning command and if it is 240C and an extruder I make it 150C and if it 80C and the Bed I make it 50C. This should fix any machine that can not auto tune. Attached is the Marlin code: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15N7xil7VFA16r2rKEiDaTY9mmUqgF0zO

take the hex code put it on a usb drive, then on the LCD got to files and load the hex file. Got to system restart and you are done. The hex file is in the Marlin folder "Marlin.ino.mega.hex"

For those that want to trim to taste:

inline void gcode_M303() {
    #if HAS_PID_HEATING
    const int e = parser.intval('E'), c = parser.intval('C', 5);
    const bool u = parser.boolval('U');
    int16_t temp = parser.celsiusval('S', e < 0 ? 70 : 150);
    if (WITHIN(e, 0, HOTENDS - 1))
    target_extruder = e;
    if(e<0){ //Bed
    if( temp==80) // R2 Bed PID test value
    temp=50; //LWtest
    }