1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved fluctuating temperature reading

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Acclamator777, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acclamator777

Acclamator777 New Member

I've had my Robo 3D R1 for almost a year and I have found it to be a wonderful machine. Just recently, I've noticed that the temperature has been fluctuating . I have my machine set at 210 for PLA and it fluctuates between 193 to 225 even before the cooling fan kicks in. When the fan does start the temperature drops and the machine stops printing. There is also a "failed temp" message on my LCD screen. I did tighten the heating element which did help a little but still getting the fluctuating temp changes, not as drastic as before I tightened the heating element. Could the heating element be going bad?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That one on Amazon is actually better than the one you currently have installed. The stock hexagon has a 30w hater core and the 40w will heat faster.

4. Acclamator777

Acclamator777 New Member

Thanks for your input. I was thinking it might be the heater core. Just wanted someone elses opinion. Will place an order for a replacement and will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.