1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Frank's Mods/design prints

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Frankn, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Frankn

Frankn Member

I have decided to take the advice of others and add 'feet' to Robo.
    I picked out the 1" feet on thingsgiven and added a layer of silicone and a layer of cork to add air circulation and vibration asorbision. I will attach them with silicone also.
    3D feet.jpg

8/23- the feet are installed, and it must be my imagination, but it seems to be printing faster.

#1 Frankn, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Frankn

Frankn Member

The wiring on the X carriage leaves a bit to be desired.
    I am going to add one of those 'snake' type looms for the wires and a plug in circuit board in front of the Extruder motor.
    The loom is printed and I am working on the design of the plug in board.
    All this won't be installed until I have cut out the sides and added clear plexiglass, quick detacheable panels.

Attached Files:

3. Frankn

Frankn Member

I am working on some Jurassic theme items. They will all eventially be mounted on velvet or satin on black walnut placks.
    Some incomplete samples.
    claw gld.jpg Velociraptor claw
    24kt gold plated

_camen skull.jpg camen
    24kt gold plated

_shark t00th.jpg Shark tooth

#3 Frankn, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    janot928 and D3DStudios like this.
  4. Frankn

Frankn Member

Well the Osprey claw turned out nice. I think I will cover that with 24kt gold plate like the raptor claw above. _Ospray claw 700.jpg

I did it in black also. That one really looks evil!

5. Frankn

Frankn Member

Here's a mod I am thinking about.
    I have a new V6. I am going to add a 40W heater and cartridge thermistor which came mounted in an Elecrow hot end block. I will use the V6 nozzle. I have printed a mounting bracket for a 40 size fan. In the top, I will install copper tubing clear up to the drive bolt. This should handle any filament, even the exotics. Any suggestions? Hay, the Elecrow only cost about $8 with heater and thermistor. Frank

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Most small diameter tubes are surprisingly rough on the inside, I would fear you will have issues with clogging, especially with PLA as it will stick to the imperfections. That is unless you have a way to lap the inside of the tube.

7. Frankn

Frankn Member

Yep, it's called a 5/64" drill run till smooth followed by a flo thru treatment of Mobile synthetic oil. I have used this treatment in the hex I am now running with a V6 nozzle. No jams so far and smooth running, but it doesn't have the copper top installed yet. Frank IMG_8924=700.jpg
    I am spending so much time on this that Blue is getting jealous of the computer and printer!! LOL Frank