1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Freezing Heated Bed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by adikted2astro, Oct 13, 2017.

1. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

So I need to replace my PEI sheet and I've read some stuff on how to do it, including the link for Prusa's method.

Can the R2 bed be placed in a freezer without damaging it? I'm only worried about the heater and I don't want to screw it up. I can't see any way of taking the heater off the bed unless I somehow get the aluminum edges off, which I would rather not do.

2. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

BTW, I haven't tried it yet, but I found some PEI sheets with the adhesive already applied. I got them at

http://catalog.cshyde.com/category/categories-3d-printing-materials-ultem-pei-sheet

They will cut the sheet to any size you want and they have a bunch of different thicknesses. I've been reading a lot of horror stories about replacing the PEI sheet and almost everyone says the hardest part is getting the adhesive on the sheet properly. I'm hoping these sheets will work out, since half (I'm hoping) the work has already been don. One thing to note is they are NOT black tinted. I asked them to see if they could get black tinted PEI and unfortunately the answer was no.