1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Gantry Deviation out of the box

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Carlos Garcia, May 24, 2017.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Member

Just got my C2 and out of the box u notice the gantry clips weren't on properly and I noticed that the gantry was deviated is this normal? should I align it? and how.

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

to realign my gantrys you take loose the pulleys on the bad side and re align. I do not have a C2 so do not know if this is the correct way. Maybe @mark tomlinson can chime in if he has had this issue with his C2.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This is a bit of pain and is likely due to shipping abuse.

The drive cogs for those belts (on the ends of the shafts) have allen screws you can loosen and then you should be able to spin them which will let you move the belt and adjust the position by hand. Pick one of the two shafts and loosen the allen screws on the drive cogs on both ends to do this. Be careful since if you drop anything it will fall into the bottom and that is:

1) where the electronics are
    2) A lot more of a pain to get into

If you do not want to mess with it contact Robo for a warranty replacement (unless you bought it through Amazon or another re-seller in which case replace it through them and not Robo directly).

Sorry to see that. Mine was in pretty bad shape when it arrived as well (you can see the thread I did if you want the gory details).

Geof likes this.
  4. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Member

Mark thanks a lot for your reply, Sending it back would cost more than the unit and shipping together cause I'm over in Panama, so I will try to handle this my self I think i can handle it only I don't know what cogs are Im guessing its the black plastic holding the metal bars or its the thing that moves the belt? OMG Should I do this with the unit turned off or on?

Attached Files:

Geof likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, the circled item in the picture is a belt cog. If you turn it by hand you will see there are at least two allen set screws holding it in plce. (I can't remember if there are two or three and don't have the printer in front of me at this point).

With the printer unplugged completely, you can use an allen wrench to loosen those and then you should be able to move the belt without spinning the stepper motor on the other end of the belt. Once you have them aligned then retighten the allen set screws. I would also suggest using some Loctite on them to make sure they stay in place.

Carlos Garcia and Geof like this.
  6. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Member

Thanks a lot man you´r the best!

Geof likes this.