1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Gap Between Perimeter and Infill

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JustinDS89, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

:D fair enough :D

2. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Appreciate the help!

I will post back with the results. I will most likely try swapping the nozzle back since that is the only thing that has been changed really other than filament.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

can try filament first since its easier

4. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Yeah, true. So do you think I should up the temperature a hair? Like say 10° with known good filament?

The reason I ask is you mentioned the steel nozzles sometimes needing more heat.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd start out with known good filament (first thing to change and its easy) if bad, test print 5 to 10 degrees hotter, if bad, swap nozzle (2nd thing thats changed- still easy but more time consuming) then report back with good photos :D

JustinDS89 likes this.
  6. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Awesome, will do.

Appreciate all the help. Pretty new to steel nozzles so wasn't sure of any adjustments that needed made, but would make sense.

I will test filament first and go through the list and try to find the culprit.

Geof likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The hardened steel nozzles didn't require any changes to my slice settings, but they do take a slightly longer time to get to temperature initially. That would probably be fixed with a re-done PID tune, but it is not a big deal.

Geof likes this.
  8. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Ah okay! I changed filament and then I checked my steel nozzle and everything looked fine, but went ahead and changed it. Tried a few prints during this process and all had the same results with the gap between infill and perimeter.

Turns out I didn't get my z-offset set properly after I changed my nozzle.... Ha, simple mistake.

Usually though this just affects the first layer or two and kind of evens itself out I thought.

Thanks for the help, but turned out to be a pretty simple error on my part.

Geof likes this.
  9. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

Relieved that that's all it was, but kind of annoying that every little thing has to turn into such an adventure, isn't it?

JustinDS89 likes this.
  10. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Ha, yes I'm glad it was something so simple that I just overlooked. It is a bit of pain trying to track down what's causing a problem and it turns out to just be something small.

Oh well, back in business for now!

Geof likes this.