1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Gcode Question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Aflickted, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

G90
    M82
    M106 S0
    M140 S55
    M190 S55
    M104 S195 T0
    M109 S195 T0
    G28
    G29 ; autolevel
    G92 E0
    G1 E-1.0000 F1800
    G1 Z1.400 F1000
    ; process Process1
    ; layer 1, Z = 0.300
    T0
    ; tool H0.300 W0.400
    ; skirt

Is the ; layer 1, Z = 0.300 Changing my z height? I have my Z height set in my EEPROM. It seems with every print I have to set my Z Height. I'm doing M565 Z-0.XX, M500. It says Saved and shows it on my LCD even after power cycle. Just curious. My processes from Simplify3D does not have a Zed height set in the Gcode section.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

No it isn't, that is a comment in the G-Code.

Geof likes this.
  3. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I didn't think it was changing it but I wanted to ask to be sure. I just don't understand why this Zed offset is giving me so much trouble. I printed last night @-.77 and it was as smooth as you could ask for. I go to start prints tonight and I have to change it to -.90. It is a different type of filament. AIO PLA from Hatchbox PLA but I didn't have to change anything on my other machine. (Robo as well) I thought maybe my code was messed up on that SD Card... Hammer Time!!!!!!!!!!

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

at a SWAG if the machines offest is changing something mechanical is moving when it shouldn't (like the position of the Z switches) might want to double check them.

5. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

What is "SWAG"?

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Silly wild ass guess ;) :p lol need some more information if you've got it or some pictures of your z switches.

7. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I don't know of this is normal or not, as I'm new to the LCD screens. When the machine is homing/autoleveling, I have a little message at the bottom that says : endstops hits : Z

That might be normal. Just thought it might be worth mentioning since you said that.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

totally normal :D

9. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I figured it might be since the switches drop below the rail when leveling then reactivate when the rail raises. I'm just trying to think of anything...lol You know SWAGs...lol

Geof likes this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

yessir ! :D I'd look at those switches buddy. one(or both) must be moving/slipping if the offest is changing. its also possibly one is slightly "stuck" really inspect them to see whats shakin.

11. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I'm so sick of this machine. I have one that is my PoS i call it. I got it for free and rebuilt it not knowing anything about 3d printing. It just works. I fire it up and print whatever I want. The one that gives me fits is the new one i bought from robo. I won't buy another. Thinking about the prusa m2k or mk3

12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd suggest fixing it before you hate on it ;) I've got 4 R1+ equivilent machines now. They are simple once you get the hang of them and quite reliable ;). You can always send it my way and I clear off some shelf space :p

(SWITCHES )

13. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Bear in mind that the Robo is a RepRap style machine so any of them that are as well will be much the same.
    It is frustrating to learn since it is not a simple tech, it is a rather simple machine but it does a few complicated things.

This is in fact how it does the autoleveling. The two Z switches are triggering to let the Arduino know that the nozzle has hit the bed. The fact that the LCD will show that happened is incidental, but it is true... you DO hit the Z endstop a number of times during leveling.

Geof likes this.
  14. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

My 1st one is awesome. That’s why I bought a 2nd. It’s just I fix one thing(or more) and something else messes up. I don’t mind working on them because I learn. It’s fun and enjoyable. But at the same time it’s quite annoying to have bug you guys for stupid little things that I just can’t seem to figure out. Z offset??? Really?? Lol. Besides when I private messaged you about going the wrong way ( duh! No sleep) this should be an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.
  15. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thats what we are here for :D

mark tomlinson likes this.
  16. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We are here to help :)
    You'll get it going.

Geof likes this.
  17. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I do understand that. It seems that some companies are “trying” to make things a little more simple to keep you up and running more instead of working on the machines. I’m still way new to this and learning. I’m also mad at my Robo and talking crap lol. Thanks for your help though. I appreciate you guys!!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  18. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

You guys wouldn't have an amazon link for the switches would you? I can't can't seem to find the right ones. I'm finding all types but not those specific ones.

19. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

mark tomlinson likes this.
  20. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

Thanks @WheresWaldo I figured it out. I’m a dumbass. I have some. I didn’t know they came off the big assembly. I tell ya man, I’m losing my mind here lately.